Florida LLC Information
Call the Florida Incorporation Service Toll Free: 800-370-2942
Florida Incorporation Service provides helpful information and clarification as you form your Limited Liability Company (LLC).
There are many benefits that may result from establishing your business as a Florida Limited Liability Company, including important tax and additional financial advantages. As you plan your Florida LLC, you will need to consider Florida requirements for filing your LLC’s articles of organization. These and additional issues are addressed for you as you complete the organization of your LLC using the online Florida Incorporation Service.
Interest in LLCs has increased in recent years and as business owners seek opportunities for the following and additional benefits:
- Limiting the liability of the company owners.
- Protection for LLC members from the claims of creditors.
- Protection from personal liability regarding claims pertaining to the exercise of manager authority over the business.
- Less formal business requirements and greater flexibility in the operation of the business.
- Tax advantages for the business and its owners – both state and federal tax advantages.
As you complete your online LLC registration, the online Florida Incorporation Service filing system allows you to address or complete the following items:
- Name your LLC and complete registration of this name with the Division of Corporations.
- Complete online and file your required LLC articles of organization.
- Obtain your Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS for tax purposes.
- Receive an operating agreement suitable for use or personalization for your business and depending on your individual needs.
- Complete your IRS Form 8832 (Entity Classification Form).
When you form your LLC online, you will also receive a complimentary copy of the “Florida Business Guide” from State of Florida.com. This is a 75 page guide that covers information in detail you will need for starting and operating a business in the State of Florida. You receive the Florida Business Guide automatically when register and form your LLC using the online Florida Incorporation Service.
Forming an LLC in Florida?
Forming a Florida LLC can be a relatively simple process. Florida LLC registration requirements are addressed in more detail as you complete your registration using the online Florida Incorporation Service. As you start a Florida LLC you will want to make sure your Florida LLC filing forms are in order, that you meet Florida LLC registration requirements, in addition to state and local licensing requirements, and that you file for the appropriate tax information.
FAQs from the Florida Incorporation Service website:
- What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?
- What are some of the benefits/advantages and disadvantages of forming an LLC?
- What are the costs to form an LLC?
- What is included in the Company Kit provided with the LLC service?
- What is Electronic Filing?
- How do I go about naming my LLC?
- What is the difference between a Member Manager and an External Manager?
- What is a Registered Agent?
- Why do I need a Federal Tax Identification Number (EIN)?
- What is an operating agreement?
- What are articles of organization?
- What powers does an LLC have to carry out its business affairs?
- What address do I need to use for my LLC’s principal office?
- Where can I find definitions for commonly associated LLC terms?
- How is an LLC classified for Federal tax purposes?
- How is an LLC classified for Florida tax purposes?
- What records requirements are associated with an LLC?
- What is a member?
For additional information, please visit the Florida Incorporation Service website.
We bring innovation and service to your Florida business.SM