West Nile Virus
- Entomology (The Role of Mosquitoes)
- Background & Geographic Distribution of West Nile Virus — Centers for Disease Control
- Arboviral Encephalitides — Centers for Disease Control
What can you do to help?
Report dead birds using the form provided online or contact the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission regional office nearest to you. You can also help by reporting bird electrocutions from power lines.
What is epidemiology?
Epidemiology is the study of epidemics and epidemic diseases.
(Click Here) for more information.
Maps & West Nile Virus Locations
- Human Population Maps
- Bird Map
- Infected Birds (Weekly Info)
- Chickens (Sentinel Test)
- All Animals — Veterinary
- Mosquito Map
Health Care News — State of Florida.com
Press Releases — Florida Dept. of Health announcementsContacts:
Information for Health Care Professionals
Observation & Response Data
Surveillance/observations, historical data
Florida Dept. of Health
How to Report Information — Florida Dept. of Health
Government Offices Involved with West Nile Virus
- Florida Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Division of Animal Industry — Report & get assistance with animal diseases
- Horses – Prevention, Control, Q&A U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Mosquito Control Section (Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control)
Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Florida Dept. of Health
- County Health Departments (List of Offices/Locations)
- Reporting Information — Laboratories, professionals, health workers, etc.
- Controlling Mosquitoes — EPA
- University of Florida — IFAS