Florida Traffic School
Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicle Approved Courses
Online Traffic Safety Courses & Information
Register Online or Call Toll Free: 1-800-393-1063 (M-F 8:30 AM–7 PM) English/Español
- Traffic School — Traffic Tickets, Point Reduction (More Info)
- First Time Drivers — Take the required Drug & Alcohol Course online and you will have the option to take a learner's permit test and driver's license prep online at the end of the course. This course and exam are required for all first-time drivers in Florida prior to receiving your first driver's license. Avoid unnecessary wait time standing in line at your local driver's license office when you complete your course online and schedule your DMV appointment online after your course.
- Mature Drivers — Insurance Discount Course (More Info)
- Florida Advanced Driver Improvement (ADI) — This 12-hour course is applicable to a driver whose driving privileges have been suspended due to excessive points as indicated or as an habitual traffic offender (non-DUI related), or by court order per the following sections of Florida Statutes: 322.264 — Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO); 322.27 — authority of department to suspend or revoke license; 322.291 — driver improvement school required in certain license suspensions and revocations. (More Info)
Driver Improvement | Traffic School Info | Driving Records | New Drivers | Online Driver License Exam — More Info | Traffic Tickets/Citations | Mature Driver Info
First Time Driver (D.A.T.A.) — Register HERE | Online Driver License Prep | Online Learner's Permit Test
At the conclusion of the First Time Driver Course, you now have the opportunity to take your learner’s permit test and driver’s license prep online. Details are provided at the end of the course or CLICK HERE for more information now.
Florida 4 Hour Basic Driver Improvement (BDI & TCAC) — Register HERE
How Traffic School Works
Florida Basic Driver Improvement, also known as Traffic School or Defensive Driving, is a 4 hour course which motorists can take when issued a traffic citation, when required by the courts, or to get an insurance discount (at the discretion of the insurance company). The course is delivered in 4 modules online and covers topics such as:
- Florida Traffic Laws
- Defensive Driving Strategies
- Driving under the Influence
- Adverse Driving Conditions and more
Upon completion of the traffic school course, you will receive an official Florida traffic school certificate of completion. At the same time, the completion is filed with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. If your citation was the result of a moving violation, this completion will remove any points associated with the ticket, prevent insurance premium increases and possibly reduce the fine of the ticket. Register for traffic school.
Online Traffic School
This traffic school is completely online. Once you sign up, you can log in and begin completing the course at your leisure. The course is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and gives you the opportunity to study course materials so you can complete all quiz questions online. You must finish the 4 hour course within 3 months from the time you register.
Florida Traffic School Certificate
After completing the traffic school course you will receive a certificate, which is also automatically filed with the state of Florida. You can have your certificate emailed to you, sent via U.S. first class mail, expedited overnight or second day, or you can collect it from our Orlando location just off Interstate 4, between 8:30 and 5:30, Monday through Friday: 225 E Robinson St #570, Orlando, FL 32801
Court Locations and Information
When you have successfully completed the traffic school course and received your certificate, you must file it with the appropriate court where the traffic ticket was issued. For more information on court locations and their contact details, click here: county court locations
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Florida Traffic School, known as Basic Driver Improvement, is regulated under the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). For more information on traffic tickets and eligibility, click here: http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/bdis.html
By taking this class you are eligible for:
- No points on your driving record (for one violation)
- No insurance increase (as long as the ticket is not associated with an accident)
- Possible fine reduction (depending on your county)
If you have a Florida Driver's license OR you received a ticket in Florida, then the 4 Hour Basic Driver Improvement (BDI & TCAC) course is for you! By taking the class, you are eligible for an 18% fine reduction (civil penalty only), no points on your record for the current violation, no insurance increases as long as there is no accident associated with the ticket (Florida Statutes 318.14(9)), and your safe driver status will be maintained.
Additional Information (Click Here)
Florida Mature Driver Program — Register HERE
If you have a Florida Driver's License and are 55 years of age or older, you are now eligible to complete a motor vehicle accident prevention course that will allow you to receive a mandatory reduction on your insurance rate for three years (Florida Statutes 627.0652).
Driver Improvement Programs — More Information
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Traffic School Information
- State of Florida Traffic School — Florida Visitors Who Receive Traffic Citations While in Florida
- Drivers Licensing Information — Driver Licenses, Drivers Handbook, Vehicle Registration, Online Services & Forms
- Georgia — Joshua's Law.com — Joshua's Law course for teen drivers to receive their Georgia Driver's License
- Texas Defensive Driving — Texas online defensive driving course
- Idaho Defensive Driving — Idaho online defensive driving course
- Missouri Defensive Driving — Missouri online defensive driving course
- New Jersey -Defensive Driving — New Jersey Online Defensive Driving Course
- Traffic School — Online traffic school and defensive driving courses